Call back for new
personal injury claims only
Leave your details to request a call back.
You are in: Home Page | About Thompsons
What Thompsons Solicitors Do
Thompsons Solicitors are the most experienced personal injury practice in the UK with over 1000 staff in a network of offices nationwide.
Highly respected in the fields of personal injury, industrial diseases and medical negligence, we are ranked in the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and in the Legal 500 as a leading firm dealing with accident compensation.
Our specialist teams
Our specialist teams have the expertise to get you the right compensation. These teams include:
• Road accidents - including accidents on the road as a driver, pedestrian or passenger
• Cycling accidents
• Serious injuries - including brain injury, spinal injury, serious burns and amputations
• Asbestos related diseases
• Clinical negligence or medical negligence
• Workplace accidents
• Military accidents
• Accidents in public places
However, if your personal injury occurred under different circumstances, we may still be able to help you. Telephone us now on 08000 224 224 for assistance or complete one of our online personal injury compensation claim forms. We will be happy to advise whether you have a claim and you will be under no obligation.
How we can help
Thompsons Solicitors has a reputation for taking aggressive legal action to ensure we secure the maximum amount of compensation in the shortest possible time and secure over £200 million as personal injury compensation every year for our clients who have been injured in accidents for which they were not at fault.
Thompsons' History of recovering Compensation for Injured People Speaks for Itself
• Asbestos Related Illnesses - Thompsons helped to establish the legal liability of employers and also recovered the first personal injury compensation for an asbestos related disease contracted by a bystander. We have been involved in almost every major asbestos case since.
• Road Traffic Accidents -We act for anyone injured on the road, in or by a vehicle, from cases with values of just over £1,000 to serious injury cases from one hundred thousand pounds to multi-million pound settlements.
• Brain Injury - Thompsons' specialist Serious Injury team secured over £8 million for a severely brain damaged client injured at work, a record settlement at the time.
•Cerebral Palsy - Thompsons has helped secure multi-million pound settlements for many parents whose children have suffered from cerebral palsy due to negligent medical treatment.
• Industrial Deafness - Thompsons has recovered £289 million so far for people suffering from Industrial Deafness and brought the original test cases to have to right to compensation recognised.
• Stress - Thompsons won the first ever award of compensation for a client suffering from stress at work.
• Passive Smoking - Thompsons Solicitors brought the first ever successful cases of clients injured by passive smoking.
• Major Public Disasters - Thompsons have represented victims of disasters such as Piper Alpha, Zeebrugge, Hillsborough, The King's Cross Fire and the Clapham, Paddington and Potters Bar rail crashes.
More about Thompsons Solicitors
Thompsons will only work for injured people and unlike most other solicitors, will never work for defendants or employers. At Thompsons Solicitors, we are also proud to help members of Trade Unions not only with personal injury compensation claims but also with matters relating to employment rights such as pensions, dismissals, discriminations, equal pay and transfer of undertaking (TUPE). We are unable to help non-union members with employment rights cases and if you are not a Union member, see why you should join a Trade Union.
More information about our services for trade union members can be found on our Trade Union Legal Services information pages.
Thompsons is committed to providing the highest standards of client care. From time to time we conduct research through our clients and members of the public. If you are prepared to participate in any future survey please register.
We are constantly working to improve our levels of service. Clients who have had a case with Thompsons may have received a letter asking them to complete our Client Care Survey. Please follow this link to complete the survey on-line. You will need to have your case reference to hand.
We also operate another website that is designed to keep the public informed of developments within the personal injury sector. Visit www.clearanswers.co.uk to find out more.